Simply Southern was formed by the father and son partnership of Rodney and Ashley Hammond. Ashley is a keen modeller in Southern outline and was frustrated by the lack of choice offered in the goods trucks and coaches for SR running being offered by the existing companies. Rodney had taken early retirement and decided there was a demand that needed to be serviced and so Simply Southern was born.
It is our intention to build up our range so that any Southern modeller can start off with a wide and outline-correct range of trucks, made by DAPOL. Our introduction of some other company liveries is designed to be a fun element (we intend catering for the Polegate Treacle Mine fans) but nonetheless stock will be accurate for period running. We welcome feedback and would ask you to contact us with any help, ideas, suggestions or requests.
Ordering is available through the product pages. We are, however, able to take payment by Debit or Credit Card at no extra cost (excluding American Express).
We also accept cheques but goods will not be despatched until the cheque has cleared (as there is no way of using cheque guarantee cards). Cheques should be made payable to 'Simply Southern'.
+44 (0) 1323 509776
Ash Hammond: email@example.com
70 Percival Road
Site Information in Brief
- "Simply Southern” is a trading name of Ashley Hammond, a sole trader operating from 70 Percival Road, Hampden Park, Eastbourne, East Sussex, BN22 9JN.
- The goods on this site are specially commissioned model railway trucks, manufactured for us by Dapol in Wales. We may also retail other items ancillary to the Model Railway Hobby, selected by us on a basis of quality and suitability.
- All prices are stated clearly on the website and are inclusive of any tax or duty. Postage is payable as an additional item and is quoted for each order.
- Goods will be despatched by Royal Mail 2nd class Parcel service unless requested otherwise.
- You have a right to cancel any order within 7 days of its receipt and will be given a full refund if returned in a saleable condition. If goods are faulty you have 30 days to return them for a full refund or replacement if you choose. Return postage on all goods will be paid by Simply Southern by means of cheque or bank transfer.
That’s it in a nutshell, folks! For a full copy of our terms and conditions please click here. If you have a problem, please talk to us – we can’t put it right if we don’t know about it!
Bluebell Railway - Simply Southern Stockist
Train Times Model Shop - Simply Southern Stockist